Ferris Painting Contractors takes its obligations under privacy and data protection law very seriously. We are registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office), the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) for Ferris Painting Contractors can be contacted on Tel: 01425 404003.
Personal data we collect and hold
The personal data that we hold about you will be specific to your relationship with Ferris Painting Contractors and may include some or all of the following:
- Name, gender, and title
- Address, email and telephone numbers. This could be business and/or private contact details.
- information you provide to us as part of our business services
- information about visits to our website
- information collected as part of the recruitment and employment of staff
How we use personal data
We use your personal information to deliver our business services to you.
We will also occasionally use personal information to tell you about our products and services.
We will not share your personal information with any third-party organisations unless:
- We are liaising with mutual clients and professionals in order to fulfil our business contract with you as part of our business services.
- For legal and regulatory compliance purposes
- Our IT support and service providers may access your personal information as a consequence of them providing support to us. However, we only allow our service providers to handle your personal information providing we are satisfied they have appropriate security measures and do not use it for any other purpose.
Where your Personal Information is held
Personal information will be held at our offices securely.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to:
- Fulfil our business contract with you as part of our business services
- Respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf
- Show that we have treated you fairly
- Satisfying any legal, accounting insurance or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate length of time we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of your personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure and the applicable legal, insurance and statutory requirements.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymise it.
Your rights with respect to your Personal information
You have the following rights:
- To request access to your own personal information
- To ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing
- To request that any inaccurate information is corrected
- To request your information is deleted in certain circumstances
- To request that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes.
We will aim to respond to your request within one month once we have assessed how feasible your request is, taking into account the technical capability of any other organisation involved.